Some people want to conceal the scars or pimples on their faces. These people have been bullied or criticised for their physical appearance. Makeup can help cover these blemishes on your face and help you become more confident with yourself. Here is a guide on how to conceal imperfections and make you look flawless.
What Do You Need?
● Colour corrector
● Translucent Loose Setting Powder
Foundation is a product that should match your skin colour. It is used to hide minor blemishes and even out your skin complexion. Concealer is also a skin-coloured product. It is used to hide imperfections and dark circles under your eyes.
The applicator is the tool you will use to apply the product on your face. It can be in the form of brush, sponge, or blender. A translucent powder is used to make your makeup stay longer. It is necessary for oily skin because it reduces shine.
A colour corrector is like a cream foundation that has a variety of colours. Each colour is used to balance the uneven tone in your skin.
How to Choose the Right Foundation
When choosing the right foundation, you need to swatch it on your jawline. Choose the colour that matches your skin undertone. Choose the concealer that is as dark as your blemish colour. There are different kinds of concealers.
A pen concealer is for light coverage only. It is best for normal, oily, and dry skin types while a liquid concealer is for light or medium coverage. It is best for normal, combo, oily, and sensitive skin types.
Stick concealer is for medium or full coverage. It is perfect for dry, normal, or sensitive skin types. Cream concealer is for medium or full coverage, and it is best for dry, normal, and sensitive skin.
Mineral concealer is for medium to full coverage. It is ideal for all skin types, and Mousse concealer is for light to medium coverage. It is suitable for oily, normal, and sensitive skin types.
The antibacterial or medicated concealer has inflammatory properties. It is perfect for acne-prone or oily skin types. Always check the ingredients of the products before using them. It may contain chemicals that can cause allergic reactions on your skin.
Steps in Covering Blemishes
- Use the foundation and apply it using the applicator of your choice.
- Use the colour corrector for the redness or red spots on your face. Apply green colour using a small brush to balance areas on redness. If you are covering scars, use the colour yellow in the colour corrector. It is not safe to apply makeup on open wounds because it can cause infections.
- Blend the product on your skin. Add more layers if necessary.
- Apply a concealer that matches the colour of your skin.
- Set it using a setting powder.
People don’t hide their blemishes because they want to be beautiful or deceive other people. They want to boost their self-esteem. They love their self, and they accept themselves wholeheartedly. They want to take a break from the judgmental society. They are tired of dealing with what other people have to say about their appearance.
Makeup doesn’t make you beautiful because you are already beautiful. It enhances your beauty even more.
- The 4 Benefits of Using Face Oil - July 23, 2021
- What is Toner and Why it is Essential for Your Skincare Routine - July 9, 2021
- How to Apply Highlighter to Achieve an Instant Glow - June 25, 2021